Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Encouragement anyone?

One of my adoption friends shared a praise report that I simply had to pass along.  Last Friday night, Dean and I held an informational meeting at our house regarding a new orphan care and adoption ministry .  There isn't a ministry like this in the area, but there are many families that are adopting or considering adopting.  God has been leading Dean and I to step up to serve through encouraging and supporting these families.  I was so excited about the possibilities of this new ministry that I think I talked the ears off of a few folks.  I was really worried that I had overwhelmed people with my enthusiasm until I went to a mom's meeting with our homeschooling group.  One of moms had come to the meeting Friday night and  had shared about her family's adoption of a little girl from China and their plans to adopt an older waiting child from China in the near future.  Tonight she shared with me that on Sunday they went forward at church, explained what God was moving them to do and asked for the church's prayers.  Not only did they get the prayers, support and encouragement that they needed, but people pledged to help them financially, as well.  One family pledged $1000!  God is just amazing, isn't he?  And because God spoke to Dean and I about adoption ministry in our area....and we decided to listen....we get to have front row seats to the Adoption Story that He's scripting down in this here neck of the woods! Do you remember that show, Adoption Story?  You might not, but I used to watch it all the time on Discovery Health and think, "We could never adopt a child from another country.  We don't have that kind of money."  God has certainly done some work on us over the years.  We still don't have the money, but we know the One that does!  As I lay my head down tonight I know one of the things I'm going to be praying for is God's protection and provision for a little girl in China and her American mommy and daddy going to get her. Won't you?




2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration Tamara. I am blessed to know you and your family. Speaking as an adoptive mom I can honestly say that no matter what mountains have to be climbed adoption is worth it. Now if more countries would be open to single parent adoption just imagine all the kids who could have forever families. I feel very lucky to have adopted my two girls from China before they closed that door. God is in what you are doing and with his power you can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I inspire you, Teresa. You are inspiring to me, too. Love, love, love your sweet girls and your BIG heart for Jesus, your family and for the least of these.

    I know of a few countries. :) Latvia and Ukraine allow single parents, and single moms can also adopt from the US. I'm sure my friends that have adopted from other countries could comment on the processes there.

    ReplyDelete