Monday, February 7, 2011

Created for Care

Praise the Lord for an uplifting weekend away.  I returned just yesterday from the Created for Care retreat where 250 sweet and inspiring adoptive moms gathered for a time of restoration and encouragement. Not only did I get to spend 3 whole days with some of my very favorite people, I got to talk to them without having to say “hold on” or “I’ll have to call you later”. It’s was fabulous.

That’s not all, though. There were stories, inspiring stories of families that are answering the call to care for orphans through adoption, and I got to hear these stories in person from such beautiful, adoptive moms.  Check out this video for a glimpse of what God is doing for His children!



There’s more! There were speakers, the kind of speakers that adoptive moms need to hear speak, the kind of speakers that confirm that the Lord will never abandon us on this journey He has called us to.  We were also treated to informational classes on African American haircare, large families and lifebooking.  For a moment I wished I was still fostering because I could've completely wiped out my training requirement for the year, all in one whack!  Beth Templeton and Susan Hollis spoke to my heart with such inspired wisdom that my soul was strengthened and my spirit refreshed. Loved it!

Would you believe there’s even more?  I was so excited to hear new friends tell about the ministries that are a result of their faithfulness to lift up what they have to offer for the Lord to multiply!  My heart was blessed to learn about children in Africa with HIV and the beautiful families giving these children a hope and a future and educating others about the myths associated with raising HIV positive children.  I feel like I was living under a rock before.  I was inspired by the folks at Sixty Feet and moved by their film Bereaved to pray every day for the imprisoned children in Uganda. The list goes on and on. I'll have to try to figure out how to grab buttons for all the wonderful ministries I learned about so I can post them here on my blog.

My heart is filled to overflowing with inspiration, encouragement and Jesus! If you're a mom that has adopted children or is planning to adopt in the future, this is one event you don't want to miss. I hope to see even more mommies at the Created for Care event next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment