Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jethro...


Dean huddled up the players for a mini-pep rally this morning before he headed out the door to work.  I just love it when we pray together and share hearts before he leaves for work.  Today though, right after we finished praying, Coach said something that made me raise an eyebrow and go HUH?  “Okay guys, now that we have Jethro we’re going to have to be more diligent about wiping slobber off stuff.”   More, Coach? Seriously?...Is slobber really something we’re always wiping off stuff?  What exactly are you trying to say?

I’m a little stumped….and uh, grossed out…We aren’t always wiping slobber off stuff, Dean, maybe red clay or peanut butter, but not slobber.  Now before you’re as grossed out by the word slobber as I am, please know that our house is clean.  You can come here and NOT get grossed out.   No worries.  I’m cleaning this house ALL the time.  There might be toys and shoes and clean laundry scattered everywhere, but there is not slobber…or there wasn’t until Jethro joined our family last Friday. 
 
Leroy Jethro Gibbs, AKA Boss, is a bloodhound.  He is GI-NOR-MOUS…like his head can seriously rest on my kitchen counter [not that I let it].  And he slobbers.  A lot.

 
And he seems a bit confused about where he’s allowed to sit and where he’s not. 


When I ousted him from his comfy perch on the kitchen loveseat, Blake said, “He looks so sad.  It’s like he’s really sad.”  Blake, son, he’s a bloodhound!! They always look sad!  As you can see, it didn’t take him long to relocate to another comfy spot.  


The kids have become experts at taking care of the slobber, I’m sure in part because they’re afraid I’ll banish poor Jethro to the backyard if they’re not.  Judging from the amount of paper towels we’re going through, Bounty stockholders everywhere are likely shouting for joy this very minute!  Now before anyone panics and calls me wasteful, the paper towels are only a temporary solution.  I’m sure I’ll get something written up in the play book by the end of today that defines how players are to handle the slobber, for the slobber simply must be handled! Gross! 

It took Jethro all of 30 minutes with our family to figure out that Coach is the team favorite.  He’s the most fun to hang out with and the most fun to play with and he brings home the most treats.  Poor Jethro was beside himself when Dean left for work today.  When Dean’s truck pulled out of the driveway, he plastered his ginormous body to the door and…you guessed it….slobbered all over it.  I’ve given a shout out to the team to keep them in the know, but if you happen to be looking for me I’ll be the one scrubbing down the back door. 

I hope you all have a blessed….and slobber-free day!

3 comments:

  1. Jack,
    You have NO idea. Oooo just doesn't even begin to cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I clarify. What I meant was, that since the house was always in such immaculate shape pre Jethro, that we have to be diligent in keeping it that way post Jethro. Slobber is new, something they have not seen before (other than from a baby) and that they may not know to clean it up. I'm just aiming for a slobber free house, thats all. Love you! Great post by the way, you are such a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete